Friday, September 25, 2015

Wedding Bells!

A wild and crazy weekend is in store. My daughter is getting married tomorrow and the reality of it is finally sinking in. I don't know why it took this long, but it did. Now I'm going to have to scramble to get ready.

I did buy my Mother Of The Bride dress. I think that's part of the problem. I'm not old enough to have a daughter old enough to be getting married. I was in denial. Or, as I prefer it, d'Nile - a trip through Egypt.

Then there's simply the issue of family issues. It's a long sad story, so I won't bore you. I'll just ask you to trust me. There are issues and they're getting in the way.

So I have my To Do / Don't Forget list (like the camera since I don't have a phone that is capable of connecting to my computer).

On top of my normal stuff, this is borderline crazy-making. I like being hair-on-fire busy, but... I'll get through the next forty-eight hours, of course. It's just with what sanity left intact? And that goes back to the issues.

What's almost as hard as accepting the fact that I am in fact old enough to have a daughter of marriageable age is the fact that this weekend is going to be spent running from pillar to post with no time to write. That is going to take a toll. For me, writing is like breathing, so this weekend is going to be like not breathing. But that's good, too. It's expanding - it gets me out of my comfort zone, that warm cozy place to which I'm accustomed.

So - that's my news for today. It's all I had time for and won't be online until Sunday. I'm camping for the first time in.... about thirty-seven years. It'll be fun!

Have a lovely weekend and look for pics on Sunday!

Best~
Philippa

No comments:

Post a Comment