Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Okay, Okay, So I'm A Proud Momma

I just have to share (when don't I?).

I started a virtual wedding album for Elaine and Josh on Facebook and one of the people who were there Saturday took a fantastic picture of us. I am so proud to call this beautiful young woman my daughter.



The blond man standing behind my left shoulder is Victor, our hitchhiking visitor from Denmark - and I am thrilled to have a picture of him, too, for this memorable day.

We were also fortunate that someone had the sense to get a picture of the bridesmaids and groomsmen - because I didn't!



And the gent standing in front of the arbor is Elaine's good friend who performed the ceremony. Which makes a special occasion that much more special - to share it in such a personal way.

They're off on their wedding trip. I can't call it a honeymoon, really, since they've been living together and they're already on the way to making me the next generation. Ahhh. Yes. I'll be the Next Generation instead of... that other word commonly used for the next generation on the female side.

The sunburn I got on Saturday is fading. It wasn't too bad, considering how many hours I spent in the sun, but it wasn't good, either. I looked like Rudolph on Sunday. Since I burn so easily - often just ten minutes will do it for me - I was lucky I didn't scorch, but I'll put that down to wandering. Sometimes in circles. Enough time with my back to the sun that my face didn't burn off.

In other 'news', I've been pondering, while I couldn't sleep this morning, participating in NaNoWriMo aka National Novel Writing Month. It's an annual event, a competition in a sense, where writers sign up and "pledge" to write 50,000 words in one month - November.

I've heard from others that it's intense. 50,000 words sounds like a whole lot of words to someone who's never written a novel, but almost all of my stories are well above that mark. Two thousand words per day for thirty days = 60,000 words, so it's doable. Heck, even my blog posts are generally around fifteen hundred words. Of course, I can't use my blog, so it's a triple writing commitment. My blog, plus my books that I'm editing / revising, plus two thousand words of meaningful rough draft each and every day.

However, since I couldn't sleep and was pondering this, I also thought of a partial solution to that challenge, too. Post all of my NaNoWriMo writing here, as a serial story. That would help me meet the commitment of the word count and I could keep my blog going (and give anyone who drops by here a sample of my writing) and if I really wanted to, I could take a rest from my other writing for a month. Which would serve to recharge the batteries.

Definitely worth thinking about. And I already have the inkling of a story, too. So... We'll see.

In the meantime, you have a lovely day and I'll sit here, drink my coffee and contemplate.

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories

No comments:

Post a Comment