Monday, September 21, 2015

Mondays are Hard, Aren't They?

I don't really mind Mondays. I don't dread them or hate them or anything. I just sometimes think they're harder than they need to be.

After all, it's just another day of the week, right? Yes, it's the first day of most people's work week, and that's not always pleasant. On the other hand, unless you have the financial means to retire, it's better than sitting around wondering where your next meal will come from.

Today, though, was just weird. Not good, not bad, not much of anything, really. It was busy and I had a lot to do, but nothing was really exciting. Just same old, same old.

Ran around here this morning. Got my coffee. Got my lunch. Got some laundry hung out to dry. Just the normal day-to-day stuff. Tomorrow, except for the laundry, will be pretty much the same. Just like millions of other people.

Headed out to work, had a nice commute - nothing troublesome. It was a beautiful fall morning. While I drove, I mulled this over. What will I write? Nothing came.

Got to work. Mulled some more. Nothing came. At lunchtime, in response to some current stuff going on, I did start one post, got about five hundred words into it and... Nuthin'.

Sometimes that happens. I'll get an idea and start following it, and it just peters out. That's what happened today. So I deleted it. Pffft. Five hundred words all neatly strung together, gone.

Mulled this afternoon. Mulled on the ride home. Thought about the weather - it's hot again. Yeah, here and a lot of other places.

Thought about my daughter's upcoming wedding on Saturday. Thought about the dress I bought for it. No fodder for anything worthwhile in any of that.

That's the creative process, though. It's not perfect. It's not easy. It certainly isn't guaranteed. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten an idea for something, have started on it and...nuthin.

Sometimes it's a quick capitulation. Other times I'll try this, then that, then something else before admitting defeat.

Now it's eight-thirty at night and still nothing. I'm sleepy. I do know that. It was warm last night so I didn't sleep. It's cooler tonight, so I hope I can sleep and I hope, with that, the synapses will reconnect and tomorrow will be easier.

So - that's it. Boring as can be, but that's all there is tonight. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better and I'll find a massive inspiration.

Have a lovely, stimulating, thrilling day on Tuesday!

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories

No comments:

Post a Comment