Monday, May 11, 2015

I Know Better Than To Procrastinate...

So what did I do this weekend?  Yup. Procrastinated.  Procrastinated the heck out of things.

To Do List for the Weekend:
  • Write a few flash pieces so if the well runs dry for my blog I'll have some stuff in reserve.  Nope.
  • Get started on a review / crit for the reading group. Nope.
  • Get the dusting done. Nope. Still there...
To Done List for the Weekend:
  • Got three loads of laundry folded and put away.
  • Got some editing done on Matters of Friendship - starting to incorporate more of Lara to get that in line.
  • Redid the cover for that.
  • Got the pharmacy refilled.
  • Emptied the dishwasher.
  • Changed the cat box (now there's a red letter moment!)

ya-Hoo. I know better than this! And now I'm kicking myself. Kinda like this...

'Stupid!'

So what did I do you ask?  Beats the hell outta me.

Spent time on Authonomy - the Facebook for Writers (authors are too busy marketing, promoting and selling, so it's mostly writers over there). Spent time on my blog. Read some of The Federalist Papers - pretty interesting, actually. Just kind of messed around and accomplished zippid-dee-do-dah. So now I've got to play catch up this week. Stupid.

Oh well. It felt good not to beat myself into submission. It was nice having two days almost completely off (for a change). I did get the essentials done.
  • Mother-in-Law's pharmacy is set up for the week.
  • I did clean the kitchen, too. After we exploded it on Saturday night when my hubby got a hankerin' for refried beans. I'm not sure they were 'authentic' but they tasted really good. Lots of fat, though, so I'm on lentils, veggies and flax for the week. Not punishment - just reversal.
  • The dust will be there when I get to it - no one has died of it, yet.
  • Sam is happy - he got more of my attention and had to do less shadowing (I move. He shadows. It's as if he doesn't trust me not to race out the door.)

I guess it wasn't a total loss, and there's always next weekend. Or this week, if I can dash through the living / dining rooms without making enough noise to wake MIL (our living room is her bedroom because she can't climb the stairs).

It would be easier, a lot easier, if every single surface wasn't cluttered with 'stuff'. Knickknacks and can't-live-withouts all over the place. I hate it. My dream is to get a box (dumpster sized) and go through the house and get rid of all the clutter. Seriously.

For example. We have a chest at the foot of the stairs. It's about 30"x20" and it has on its top:
  • One clock (a big clock, not a little clock) (MIL's)
  • Four small, porcelain vases (MIL's)
  • A wooden carving of two parrots that stands about a foot high with a circular base about 6-inches in diameter (Ours)
  • A ceramic figurine that stands about 18-inches high with a circular base about 6-inches in diameter. (MIL's)

That is a lot of stuff for one little surface, and it's like that throughout our entire house.

When my MIL moved in ten years ago, she decided she could not live without her stuff - so we live with her stuff. Her furniture fills (overfills) our rooms. Her pictures line our walls. Her crap covers our surfaces. And I honestly do not want to deal with it. I do not want to have to move a dozen objects, dust them, dust the surface, just so I can put the bloody things back until the next time. I have better things to do with my life.

Like... well, yeah... procrastinate.

Oh, well. I can't procrastinate myself out of the rest of my day - hope it's a good one for ya!

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories

No comments:

Post a Comment