Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Busy Sunday Morning

I love days like this, with too much going on to handle comfortably.  Awake at 5:30. Up at 6:30. Sam is taken care of, bed made, 7:15 chicken's in the oven and water is heating to boil up the chow mein noodles for my stir fry.

There is still all the prep work for the veggies - bell peppers, mushrooms, bok choy (which I'm debating how to prepare - roast, with the brussels sprouts, or julienne and stir fry with the mushrooms and peppers...), garlic, carrots.  I'll have a busy morning and then... Grab and go lunches for the week.

Once I get the kitchen put back together, I'll go back to work on Laurentina (the sequel to Lothario and the New Girl).  I finally settled - for the moment anyway - on a cover for Lothario. I wasn't really happy with the one I had - too young, too 'girly'.  So, I came up with:






Believe it or not - that was all done in PowerPoint!  Amazing what you can do with that program, with some effort (and zero money!). Pretty and suggestive and... Hopefully attractive enough to grab an audience!  I have the back cover, too, but I still need to work on the pitches for that.



Yesterday I spent several hours with 'Laurentina' - and I know where it's going. Now I'm just trying to get there.  Trying to keep it 'real' at this point is hard, because the action isn't really purely logical, but I think I can pull it off.

Once I get finished with my "Domestic Goddess" duties this morning - dishes washed / put away, dishwasher emptied, etc., I'll get back to work on the confrontation between Lacy and Jack.

Have a lovely day!

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories
Check out 'Lothario & The New Girl' at:  https://www.authonomy.com/book/295117/

No comments:

Post a Comment