Friday, August 28, 2015

Ohhh... So That's What Happened.



Yesterday, I was stunned and I posted my surprise at finding 285 views of my blog, up astronomically from thirty views just the day before. I mean, that’s a 950% increase, for God’s sake! Now I didn’t dwell on that. I commented, as I do, wondering WTF. A few hours later, I checked back in, thinking it might have been a computer glitch that was fixed. Nope - up to 371 views which made me scratch my head harder.

A couple of days ago, and not long ago before that, I posted my thoughts and observations about the stock and commodities markets. Hey, I’m an economic junkie. I find the markets and market-makers, the manipulations and prestidigitation of the Central Banks fascinating, scary and amusing. Kind of like a horror show being played out in real life that means, when the thing crashes as it eventually will, the entire world’s wealth will be wiped out and we, the people, will be left standing butt naked and broke.

So, I commented on it. There's no sense worrying because when it happens, and it will happen, there's damn all I can do about it. In the meantime, I'll just sit by, watch it play out, comment and wait - just like a lot of other people.

I also wrote about the effects of Asian pollution and the Fukushima mess, the effects on North America. Maybe that’s what it is. The Greenies don’t like the fact that I think their swill is just that - the liquid found in a milking barn during post-milking wash down. Sorry (not really, that’s the British all-purpose sorry), but I don’t.

This planet has been a whole lot warmer than it is now - which explains why there are trees under the snowpack on Greenland and signs of the ocean in the California Central Valley and fossils of seashells found in Utah. And it’s been a whole heck of a lot colder. Ever hear of the Ice Age? It’s what carved Yosemite Valley, along with a lot of other places.

Then, while I was going through a pile of papers yesterday, sorting them out and trying to puzzle out the relationships, it struck me. Gol' durn - right there on Twitter. I had posted a link to Zero Hedge following my market-related drivel and, it seems, some people got curious about li'l ol' me and came to look in. That makes me smile. Both in pleasure - since a few, it seems, poked around a bit and looked at some of my other posts (and I hope they'll come back and visit, at least occasionally) - and in consternation.

I mean as much as I enjoy doing this little writing exercise every day, it isn't Earth shattering. It's not important to anyone but me, really, but the fact that I've had a few extra callers (like about 950% worth of extra callers!) makes me feel good.

So there goes my theory that I had struck a nerve with someone. Shrug and shake my head is all I can do but, for those new visitors, here's my approach to what I do here:

If you like what I say, thank you. I'm pleased and gratified.

If you don’t like what I say, okay, you’re entitled. No hard feelings.
If you’re not sure what to make of it, that’s okay. I understand because, sometimes, I just get silly and blather on without any real purpose.

So, come on, baby! Keep reading and, hopefully, leave a comment - a little nudge to let me know you’re there.

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories

No comments:

Post a Comment