Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Phrosty!

I'm PHREEZING and not happy. With layers and layers I barely stay warm (another sign that maybe the thyroid isn't working as it should?). Outside, it's a beautiful winter day - 53d and clear - and I don't want to go out into it because it's too darned cold!

Internally, things are better today than the other day. Still not thrilled with those things about which I can do nothing, so I'm alternately complaining about them and ignoring them. They still aren't going away but the complaining helps me come to terms, to wrap my brain around the enormity of the problem.

Some of my good news faded a bit. The carpet has been delayed because the truck the material is on is stuck somewhere east of here. Darned weather! Now it looks like next week - which creates the interesting problem of how to rearrange all the stuff in the small space we have to free the packed cube.

See, the person who usually sits in the cube currently filled with three credenzas and a conference table blocking it will be back Monday. I'm pretty sure she'd like to be able to use her desk. Just thinkin'.

Originally, the carpet was supposed to be installed tomorrow. Then I learned this morning that the carpet won't be here until next week - the seventh. After some backing-and-forthing I got it moved to the sixth. Yee haw. Then I threatened the sales person that if her installer isn't here on the sixth for any reason, I expect her here in her blue jeans and we'll install it ourselves!

Happily next week is still quiet after the holidays. The week after, though, is when things pick up again - meetings in the conference room that's currently standing empty.

Well, I'm determined. I'm going to buy a furniture dolly:

That's so I can move things around as needed without having to wait for other people to be available. One person can move mountains with one of those - stick it under the supporting panel of a conference table, lift the other end and, voila! You can move it all by yourself. Same with credenzas and weighted file cabinets.

Still have to get my Gantt chart worked out. That's hanging in the background and making me nervous. I know what's going to happen. I'm going to get caught up in other things, priorities and "must-dos" and it's going to languish until past the last minute. Then I'll be caught doing the ol' "huminah, huminah, huminah" that Jackie Gleason made famous on the Honeymooners.

I did get a good start, then got bogged down, distracted, dragged away to other things, more other things, and more, and now it's two weeks past when I wanted it to be done and it's still not finished. Bills. Entry. Then Gantt chart. That's the story. The Stack will wait. It's been there for a while, growing and diminishing, dependent upon time and things, so I'll get to that when I get to it.

After all, with The Stack, I have pawed through it often enough that I have some idea what's in there. It's just not organized and put away. Entered into my database, for instance, and files created.

I also have to re-figure some of my filing. I have a group of files that have too much important information on the tabs. It's all important information, but there is so much - specific document name (they're grouped by type) and number, country (which goes back to the Japanese / Taiwanese / Chinese / Korean conundrum I wrote about yesterday), firm name and file number. It's going to be an interesting challenge. Unless I want to set up a cross-reference system of some sort, which I'd rather not do.

Exciting times, aren't they?

I think they are and, in fact, I think they're so exciting I'm going to stop this and get back to them.

Have a lovely day and I hope you're enjoying yourself, too!

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories




No comments:

Post a Comment