Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Little Music and Quiet Happenings in a Quiet Life

May I suggest you play this marvelous piece in the background while you read this? It's not hip hop, rock, country or one of the typical genres. It's just a fantastic instrumental piece. And when you get there (if you get there), trust me - it's worth it. Besides, listen to one minute (it's a ten minute piece) and if you don't like it, turn it off. What have you got to lose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNdlWXlTAK8



Anyway, here we are at another Saturday and I’m whipped into submission by the week. Tired, even with the caffeine, and not quite sure which end is up.

It was a good week, a really good week, actually. No bad happenings on the roads. Got a lot of things going at work that will, I hope, open other doors. Of course, I’m still struggling with that stupid database.

See (no worries – I’ll be very short but I have to vent), I don’t want just the form that’s linked by the two tables to reflect the information. Doing that is a piece of cake but I want to be able to see a bunch of records all at once, and the table view is the best. Therefore, I want the ID I assign to the record and the associated field to show up in the other table so I know without a lot of hard thinking what I’m looking at. Then I can I enter all the pertinent information that explains why I want them there in the first place.

The problem is, I’ve tried everything the books say and it still doesn’t work. But, since that’s the only shadow on my week I’ll call it good and leave it.

I did get started on a new template form for another project and I think that’s going to make the folks for whom I’m doing it sit up and take notice. Just suggesting having over-writeable fields was exciting. Now, when we sit down next week and I can show them off… Yay, me!

Other than that, things muddled along. It felt like summer for two days but we’re back to spring today. Fog and cool, which I love. It feels good against my skin.

 Last night, getting home, I was less than pleasantly surprised to find that my husband had done a bunch of laundry and it was will hanging on the line. He doesn't work. He stays home and takes care of his elderly mother so it was a bit disconcerting to get home to a pile of laundry waiting to be folded.

You know what, though? It was actually a good transition. Folding laundry (unless it's a fitted sheet) isn't precisely rocket science. It was a pleasant evening - not hot with a soft breeze - and I had a perfect excuse to be out in it instead of inside fixing dinner, taking care of Sam, or doing some other must-do. Halfway through the process my husband showed up with a glass of wine.

I don't drink a lot - I prefer not to because I don't like the way it makes me feel, but I won't say no to a little. A bottle of beer or one glass of wine is almost always enough. So it was very welcome and added a nice touch to the peacefulness of being outside, doing a simple task in a lovely evening.

After getting the laundry off the line I sat down on the deck steps and relaxed - something I never do - and that was nice, too. I need to do that more often because it set up the rest of my evening in a good way.

By the time we finished dinner, the Giants had won their game against Philadelphia and there was nothing worth watching on TV, so we popped in a disk from the 'Odd Couple' series and watched a couple of episodes of that.

This morning we'll have Giants baseball (they're only 1/2 game back from the Dodgers!) and tonight Blackhawks v. Tampa Bay (Go 'hawks!).

The Warriors are playing in the NBA finals against the Cleveland(?) Cavaliers. I am not at all interested in basketball. I've never been able to get excited by it, but I do feel terrible for the Cavaliers who lost one of their key players to a fractured kneecap. Now that is one injury that makes me cringe just thinking about it! Just how does one fracture a kneecap? Never mind, I don't want to know. So he's out for three to four months.

Just quiet happenings in a quiet life around here. Nothing bold, nothing exciting, just being and getting from here to there.

I hope you enjoyed that piece of music - have a lovely day!

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter:

No comments:

Post a Comment