Monday, February 8, 2016

All Systems Are Go!

What a weekend. Dog tired on Saturday, felt human yesterday, debate on Saturday, Super Bowl on Sunday, what a weekend that was.

Out of the debate, New Hampshire is mixed.

Out of the Super Bowl, the better - not the best, but the better team won and it was a good game.

Cam Newton and the Panthers played well, they fought hard, but Peyton Manning and the Broncos were just that much better. The difference between experience and first-time appearance. Also, it looked like Cam's non-throwing shoulder was hurting him. He grabbed it a couple of times, with a grimace, his passes weren't as accurate as usual.

Nonetheless, it was a good game all the way around, not a blow-out.

The ads, I'm sorry to say, stank. There wasn't one that made me sit up and watch then look forward to seeing again.

The Doritos ad with the baby was both tasteless and disgusting at the end. It started well, amusing, but the end when mom throws the Doritos chip across the room... tasteless.

The singing sheep was amusing. I did stop and watch that. But then I like sheep. I think they're funny, silly creatures, so I watched. It wasn't memorable and the idea of a speaker system in a truck bed - for what? So Junior on Testosterone can be a jerk as he drives through the neighborhood blaring Coldplay or Bruno Mars or Lady Gaga from the speakers? A silly, over-the-top concept and a waste of money. Sell the truck, okay?

Anyway.

Tomorrow is the New Hampshire primary and, according to the brainiacs, it's up to Donald and Berns to lose it. We'll see. They predicted Donald would win Iowa. He came in second. They predicted Hilliary would win Iowa. She did by the questionable method of six coin tosses - and won all six. Hmm. Now that couldn't be rigged could it? And is that how the DNC is going to choose their candidate if Berns and Hilliary get to the end of the race and it's still close?

Whatever.

My coffee is ready and so am I. I have my game plan ready for the week, lots going on again, but with a plan I don't think this week is going to be as devastating as last.

I'll spend this morning printing and matching chargeback approvals with the goal of clearing the majority that I have out of my inbox. Then, this afternoon or tomorrow morning, I can start entering them. Once they're all entered, I'll run the report and see how we're doing. Hopefully, the big number will be much smaller than it's been, despite the addition of new chargebacks that came in last week, and we'll be heading in the right direction.

We'll see.

Maybe the end of March deadline I've imposed for myself, to have this process running smoothly, is beatable. Maybe it's beatable by a lot. Can you tell I'm feeling good about this, optimistic and rarin' to go? And I haven't even had my coffee yet.

Better and bestest of all is that I spent part of yesterday writing!!! Editing, actually, but it's an exercise in writing that I haven't been capable of doing since October! It has been a long drought, but I feel like the rains have come again and I can get this going. For the first time in more than four months I woke up thinking, 'I could lose that. It's a darling and if I move it out I have my loop - background and tie-in.'

So now I'm going to wrap this up, get my coffee and write!

Have a lovely, hopeful, cheerful day!

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories

No comments:

Post a Comment