Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Washington Elites Haven't Got A Clue

The asphyxiated pinheads in the bodies of Rich Lowry & Co., George Will, Bill Kristol, Erick Erickson et al. need to do at least a little fact finding before they thrust a stake in the ground and tie themselves to it. They've done this again and again by declaring that 'Donald Trump is not a conservative'.

Every week when he appears on Fox News Sunday, George Will pounds that drum - and today, he made it abundantly clear that he is a pinhead without the courage of his convictions.

When Chris Wallace asked in a round-about way if Will would vote for the Republican nominee even if it is Trump, Will said he would. Yet just a second before he said that nominating Trump at the convention would destroy the party.

Pick one side or the other George. Don't try to navigate the middle because there is no middle to find. This is a straight up-or-down, either-or choice. It is either another party cog - interchangeable with any other bought and paid for party cog and the 'R' or the 'D' after their name makes zero difference in the end - or an outsider who is speaking up for a lot of regular Americans.

In the past months - since expanding his political message beyond The Wall - Trump has talked about fair trade, getting deals in place between the US and our trading partners that work equally well for both parties. Well guess what - this is not a new position for him. He was saying the exact same thing twenty-seven years ago:


This doesn't sound like a 'liberal' to me. And don't take my take on it. How about Mary Alice Williams, a CNN political pundit at the 1988 RNC Convention who specifically said that Donald Trump is 'conservative'. A couple of minutes later, during this interview, Larry King described him as a 'Rockefeller Republican'.


So what is this lie being spread by the money men and their shills? (Yes, Rich and Bill and Erick and George, I am calling you and your talking pinhead buddies shills.)

The lie is being spread by the asphyxiated pinheads because Donald Trump scares the hell out of the Establishment.

If he does even half of what he says he'll do, that's going to strip power from the powerful and divert a whole lot of money away from Washington.

Programs sent back to the states where they belong will affect Energy and Education, Housing and Healthcare and that is as it should be. The Citizens of this country should wield the power over our own lives. We should not be the subjects of the politicians and lobbyists, the money men and their shills. We should not be satisfied with having them dictate to us how we should live our lives.

That is the movement behind Donald Trump. The idea that there is more, or that there should be more for those of us who are willing to work for it.

After all, just like millions of other Americans, I get up every morning and head out to work. I drive two hours per day to and from my job. I work my tail off when I'm there, and I haven't had a pay increase in years.

Instead, when I was laid off in 2012, in five minutes I went from making $30 per hour before benefits plus four weeks of paid time off, fully paid health and dental care - to living on $11.50 per hour in unemployment benefits. For five months after the watershed day of being told I was being let go after seventeen years, I took whatever temporary jobs came my way. Most paid just $14 and $15 an hour - and I counted myself lucky to get those because the competition for those jobs was so stiff.

Here I am four years later and, after working as a temporary employee for fifteen months, I was hired. I'm making 27% per hour less than I made before, with no employer paid healthcare and only two weeks of vacation. My life isn't better now than it was four years ago and my story is not at all unusual. I count myself lucky for finding a job - one for which I drive nearly eighty miles per day which costs me a lot of money in gas and wear and tear on my car.

I have been watching Trump since the fall. At first I wasn't thinking about who I would vote for. I just knew I wouldn't be voting for Hilliary. But listening to his message about illegal immigration and the wall, I began to pay attention. I began to feel hope - just a little - that this man might be the one to turn this country around.

This is why I like Donald Trump - what he's saying and what I think he'll do. I have hope when I listen to his message. It's hope that I haven't felt in more than two decades.

If American workers have good jobs with good companies that pay decent wages, we will all benefit.

If American workers aren't competing against low-wage illegals for jobs, if the wages go up for American workers, we all benefit. We'll have a stronger economy with more disposable income. If I had any disposable income - which I do not have at this time since every penny I bring home with me is allocated to paying my bills - I could go out for dinner occasionally. I could afford to buy new clothes occasionally. Maybe I could even afford a vacation - something I haven't had in nearly twenty years.

Yes, there are still a lot of brain-dead ninnies out here in the hinterlands. There are plenty of sheeple who like having things given to them. Sheeple who are willing to sit on their butts in some shabby little apartment because it's free or cheap instead of looking up and wanting more. But there are a lot of us who do want something more than we have, more than the government is willing to give to us.

That is what I want and what I think Trump can help be work for. Cruz won't. Cruz will be 100% interchangeable with Hilliary because he is owned by the lobbyists just as Hilliary is owned. Look for yourself. Here is what Ted has done - and look at the amount that has come from 'Super PACs and Others' - almost half of his money has come from lobbyists and special interests:

 Yet here is what Trump has done:
Only 7% has been raised from 'Super PACs and Other Groups' - and those other groups are not lobbying groups.

Based on this, which of these candidates do you suppose is beholden to the special interests?

Even Hilliary hasn't raised as much from the Super PACs and lobbyists as Cruz has:

What does that say about Cruz's independence if he's elected?

As far as the trade deals The Donald has been talking about for nearly thirty years, his position is one that sounds like a pretty good position to take. After all, why should two parties in a deal have two different standards to meet? Shouldn't both have the same standards and requirements? Shouldn't both reap the same benefits? If not, if one party has an advantage over the other, gains extra benefits at the expense of the other party, how is that fair? Shouldn't America's politicians who have responsibility for making these deals try to strike the very best deal for us? They haven't. Not once and that is neither fair nor right.

That is what Trump is saying he wants for America and that is what I want for America.


So George and Bill and Rich and Erick - get over it. You don't run us. You don't own us, and neither do the money class who own you to the last hair on your head. We are not listening to you any more because what you're telling us is good for us, isn't and we're waking up to that little fact.

Other than that, I hope your day is wonderful.

Best~
Philippa

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhilippaStories

No comments:

Post a Comment